Webmaster Tools

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Castle Crashers - Red Knight


From some earlier arcade projects where I changed my mind on design etc, I had quite a collection of some spare parts, actually enough to make a complete arcade stick minus the wood. So I decided to make another MDF arcade stick for my friend based on the Castle Crashers Xbox Live arcade game that released in August.

Click here to read more...

This time I hacked the Xbox 360 controller myself especially since it's a little easier now with the newer revision controllers. I used red Sanwa 30mm and 24mm buttons and a Seimitsu LS-32 controller. The bottom of the case is translucent red acrylic and I simply wired a red led to the 5v line to let you know when its powered on, then I hooked up some red leds to the rumble leads as well so they flash if there's any rumble in the game you're playing.



This is the button layout I used for Castle Crashers:
X,Y,RT,RB
A,B,LT,LB
In the near future I might do a more extravagant blue knight with illuminated buttons and joystick.