Webmaster Tools

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Chun Li



The second arcade stick I made last spring was the Chun Li. I bought some curly maple off ebay with a "tiger" type pattern in the figure. I used the same dye method as the Ivy only this time with Sapphire Transfast dye. The Chun Li drawing is from an Official Playstation Magazine cover drawn by Ryan Kinnaird.

The buttons are Ultralux buttons with a graphic placed inside them made out of Mamemarquees transparent marquee material. I used different colored symbols on a "Chinese lantern" type design, preying mantis, butterfly etc that coincide with the Xbox 360 button colors, along with the words Chun and Li in Chinese for the left and right trigger buttons. I used a Sanwa JLF for the joystick. Once again HarumaN hacked up this Xbox 360 controller for me with the 5v line to power the buttons. The bottom of this case is transparent blue acrylic, so I placed some white leds on the rumble motor leads this time to give a blue flash whenever the rumble activates.


Click here to read more...



This might be my best stick thus far, although I have a feeling I may top it in a few days from the time of this posting, we'll see. I used the best figured pieces of the wood I bought from ebay. After the dye, the finish is many layers of Minwax Polycrylic sanded and buffed.