Webmaster Tools

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Donkey Kong

I have a few SNES controllers from back in the day, one of them was really well worn, it was likely the very one I used to beat Super Metroid, Super Castlevania and a Link to the Past among others. I decided I wanted to make something special out of it so I sent the controller to HarumaN last spring to hack it and here it is now:



Click here to read more...
It's nice that I can use it with a SNES as well as on the PC with Retrousb's adapters. I made the case out of MDF this time, pretty thin profile at 1 and a half inches. The art is from the original Donkey Kong gleaned at localarcade.com


I definitely wanted to make a "throwback" or retro controller here. The 1-Player and 25cent buttons are simply select and start. I used a Sanwa JLF joystick and Sanwa buttons.